Monday, July 18, 2011

A breath and a prayer


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord


I just got back from the longest vacation known to man! Seriously it was sooo long! I am so happy to be home and after 33 degree weather you won't hear me complain about 105 degrees, well at least not a lot! Of course coming home means unpacking and trying to prepare for the mad dash of back to school!This is exhausting for both the kids and me!

In addition, I spent three days in a row at doctor's offices just to be scheduled for both the EEG and the next Ortho appointment on August 9th! Please pray for me as I will only be allowed 3 hours of sleep, since he will only be allowed 3 hours of sleep! Don't they know that sleep deprivation for my kid means sleep deprivation for me! If it all goes smoothly then we can hurry our sleep deprived whiny bottoms across town to the ortho to check out how he is walking without the cast and boot! So of course after all of this planning and doctoring I was tired! I needed a little nap, as we all do at times.

No sooner had I laid down but my door bell was rang three times quickly! This can only mean one thing, UPS or Fed EX. Sure enough UPS guy hands me an envelope and says have a great day. I am thinking WT-Heck I will never get a nap now! So I trudged my way into the kitchen and opened the envelope to find.............................a publishing contract for my book.

That's right after 6 months of writing, letters to publishers and agents alike, as well as countless waiting, and a lot of rejection I had in my hand a contract. Of course I have looked it over and am thinking I will proceed with it, although that doesn't mean a whole lot because it could take a while in finishing, but my book will be published.

So don't hold your breath, and please pray that everything will go off without a hitch! It still amazes me that a year ago as I was praying and reading my bible I found myself led to write this book. It amazes me that even when I told God I like Jeremiah was not worthy, he pushed me on. God gave me the strength in my rejections, the patience in my waiting, and the joy in what will come!
Psalm 27: 14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you!!

    We are back on FB just for family and faraway friends - I tried to send you a request but it wouldn't let me. Look for Patrick N Jaime (no last name). Thanks!

    Hope your tests go well. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog, so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete