Wednesday, September 23, 2009

All in Good Time



It is so amazing the day I feared might never come has arrived. Eric has a job, a day job. It has been a very bumpy ride along the way. It all started over 3 years ago when we decided to move back to Montana. We gave up fabulous jobs, left our perfect little starter home, and moved back to Montana. It seemed like a great plan. Sure it was more expensive to live in Montana, sure houses cost three to five times as much, and there were very few good paying jobs. However, we were close to family. It would have been ideal if we could have afforded any of the sacrifices. Eventually we were forced to choose, we could stay in Montana without jobs or we could move to somewhere where there were jobs.

Of course at this point you are saying to yourself, jeez bonehead, who moves without a job. Not us, we had jobs, but in Montana they just didn't last. Who ever heard of a special education teacher being cut. You got it, only in Montana. Of course packing up and moving to Oklahoma seemed crazy and outrageous idea. We had never been to Oklahoma, we didn't know anyone there, but we were moving. Why you might ask? The cheapest cost of living in 50 states. Great school districts, a demand for teachers, job security, and 3 options for my masters degree. It all seemed to make sense.

So we packed up our tiny U-haul. Then we drove 22 hours and found ourselves in the south. The next couple of months ensued with me working at my new job which was amazing and Eric searching for a job! It seemed like nothing would ever work out. He kept applying and 1 application turned into 100, then 200, and still only 2 interviews. It seemed that we were stuck in the same vicious cycle, only now we lived thousands of miles away from our families. Finally, though it all fell into place with 4 interviews, and 3 job offers. So on Monday my children will head to daycare for the first time in 2 and a half years, my husband will head to work, and I will head to work. We won't be working opposite shifts, and pinching pennies to survive. We will finally share the same weekends too!

It amazes me sometimes that so many people go through life day in and day out without realizing the amazing blessings they have. It is only when you face adversity and have to climb a mountain that appears insurmountable that you discover your own mettle. I know that we could never have climbed this mountain without God by our side. For when I stumbled he caught me. When the load was to great to carry he lifted it off my shoulders, and when I found my faith tested he showed me the way. God achieves everything in his time. The hardest part is waiting, and trusting his will. If you can let go of everything you think that you know then you can finally see how blind you really are. Just ask Paul.

If you gotta start somewhere why not here
If you gotta start sometime why not now
If we gotta start somewhere I say here
If we gotta start sometime I say now
Through the fog there is hope in the distance
From cathedrals to third world missions
Love will fall to the earth like a crashing wave

No comments:

Post a Comment