Monday, September 28, 2009

Changes




Why are changes so scary. I could hardly sleep last night. I found myself tossing and turning. The kids seemed to sleep lightly, and before we knew it morning was upon us. I arose to a dark day with three kiddos to dress, breakfast to prep, and a rush to get out the door. In the mad rush we made it just in time. Grandma Sue was waiting, her house a welcome retreat of toys and kids. My kiddos immediately were happy. It felt great, safe, and wonderful. Still as the day rushed by I wondered about them. I worried even though I knew they were fine, and yes when I got there I crushed them in tight little hugs.

Its not so much about who is watching my kids as the fact that it isn't Eric or I. Sure we love having a clean house, instead of the crazy nuclear warfare that looks like a Toys-R-Us stomach flu in our living room. Sure it is great when they don't act stir crazy from not having left our house for days except to play in the yard. Sure we love that they get to play with other kids, but in the end we also have to consider the big picture.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

If I am charged with this my duty as a parent, my job as a christian mom, and it is my calling then I have to wonder about school. Every hour they depart from my guidance especially at the age of 4 or 5 years old is an hour I am not training them, guiding them, and nurturing the morals I uphold. Every hour counts, every minute, and every day. So that is why I am so appalled by the media's coverage of our fearless leader's ideas for education. 9.5 hours not counting bus time for my kiddos away from me. That is 9.5 hours of someone else guiding them. Look at our schools we have some amazing teachers, but the government has pushed propaganda to be taught in states like MA and CA. The messages that come out of some classrooms are not the messages I want my 4 year old to hear. Take note more hours in school will not make my child better educated, because education is about a child as a whole. I don't just want my child to read, write, and do arithmetic. I want my children to be productive citizens. I want them to stand up for their moral values. Values that are not allowed in our schools. So if the schools say my kids have to be there, yet they cannot bring their beliefs to school. It seems like they are taking away my right as a parent to spend time raising my kids. Especially if you take away some of the summer, and Saturdays.

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Let us not forget our job as parents!
And I hear children's voices singing Of a God who heals and rescues and restores And I'm reminded That every child in Africa is Yours And its all Yours, God, Yours, God Everything is Yours From the stars in the sky To the depths of the ocean floor And its all Yours, God, Yours, God Everything is Yours You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything It's all Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment