Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday



It happens in a blink of an eye. One minute you are holding this little baby and the next you are watching them walk into their kindergarten class. The years fly by. One after another! Every candle, birthday cake, and present. We are left with brief glimpses in photographs and home movies.

So remember as you cuddle your children that in a blink of an eye they will be all grown up!Do you remember your fifth birthday? I don't have many memories of birthdays, but I do remember today! She woke up at 7:00 AM and sat up saying I am 5, I am finally 5. For years she has been waiting to be 5 so she could go to kindergarten. Now we are one step closer to that. One step closer to high school, prom, college, and all grown up. Just ask your own mother and she will tell you that just yesterday you were sitting and playing with dolls. Just yesterday you wore your hair in braids and made mud pies and now.....Stephen Curtis Chapman wrote a beautiful song for his daughter Maria, "Cinderella", is the story of a little girl as she grows up. Just one year later his daughter was killed in a horrible car accident. The accident happened in their driveway and she was only 5 years old. In an instant all the hopes and dreams they had disappeared and Maria was gone. He went back to the studio and recorded a new ending to the song:So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...but The truth is the dance will go on!

He has gone on to rewrite his hit Yours, and his newest hit is Heaven is the face of a little girl. He cherishes every moment he had in those 5 years. So let it be a reminder to you that every moment and every day might be the last!

3 comments:

  1. Ok you just made me have chills and cry! I can't believe our little babies are 5 already! I am so grateful for the time that we got to have them be play mates when you lived in Idaho. I will treasure the memories of them as babies together =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- What online scrapbooking company do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. shabby princess layouts using photoshop

    ReplyDelete