Monday, March 8, 2010

Being little



It is so hard to be little. You get pushed around, everyone looks down on you, and the world seems to be overwhelming. Jack runs into this daily! Too little to ride the bikes, and just big enough to want to.
He tries so hard to keep up with his brother and sister and will often be seen reaching the door just as they slam it shut.


I sometimes wonder if the world is like this for some of us. We try and try all day long. Wanting to fit in and be a part of the crowd. We work so hard to keep up with all the big kids and their big ideas, but at the end of the day they slam the door in our face. Its hard searching for your place in the world. When you feel lost you succumb to all kinds of crazy emotions and actions. Just ask Jack, he can be a bully at times.

Do you ever wonder if there is a place where you can be accepted for who you are without questions without fault, and today. David Haas sings in one of his popular songs:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name

Isaiah 43 is the basis of this song and for anyone who feels lost and alone it is a great reminder:
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.


So remember it is okay to be the littlest. To have to run to keep up, because at the end of the day the one who made you for his purpose has called you to be who you are. Do not rush to grow up, do not rush to be someone else. He created you to be who you are and if it is good enough for the creator then it is good enough for me!


1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! I always love your posts! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete