Sunday, January 8, 2012

Like Breathing in and Breathing out


What if you could live fully in God's presence? What would that be like? With today's social media we are all so good at tweeting, facebooking, texting, and anything quick and mobile. Craig Groschel's sermon Better is about exactly this. Craig talks about twitter and how we can update our status as often as we want in 140 characters or less. Taking this principal and applying it to our prayer life can mean constant communication with God. In 140 characters or less. Short little prayers as we go through our day. Acknowledging his presence, seeking his will, and praying for his guidance. Imagine if living in his presence was as natural to you as breathing in and breathing out.


I have to add that today at church I got my coffee all ready and started to have a drink when I realized...................21 days. So Eric got to drink my glorious Starbucks coffee and I had a hot cocoa! I miss coffee, but every time I miss it I am reminded of God. Fasting is amazing and it truly brings you closer to God. The more you give up, the more you will be reminded of his presence in your life.


Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment