Monday, January 16, 2012

on shopping and farming........


Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You will reap what you sow...........
A young teenager wanted to aggravate the hard-working farmer that lived next door. He led some of his pals to sneak into the farmer's field one night and spread crab grass seeds all over the farm. Soon, the crab grass came up. He laughed every time he saw the farmer vainly trying to get rid of it.

A few years later, long after the teenager forgot his prank, he fell in love with the farmer's daughter and they were married. When her father died, he inherited the farm and for the rest of his life he battled that sorry crab grass he had spread all over his fields.

The Bible says, "For whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." In short, when we're hard on others, they tend to be hard on us. It's the law of the harvest. When you plant tomatoes, you don't get squash, for the harvest never lies.

What kind of seeds are you sowing and what kind of harvest are you reaping? Let's remember...in life, we reap what we sow.

I can't tell you how many times the actions of someone else have changed my whole life. We make decisions every day sometimes in malice and others without even contemplating the way they will effect others. The consequences are not in the forefront of our mind as we choose, but in the end we often wish we could go back and change what we have done. It was foolish, without thought, selfish, and often an immature choice.

Just like you can't take back words after they are said, the soldiers could not take back the nails after they had driven them into Jesus. It is important to remember that every action has a consequence. From the smallest to the largest.

Who do you have in mind when you buy your groceries, a new pair of pants, a purse, a hat, or a new car. Are you thinking of God? Do you ask yourself would this choice be pleasing to God? It may seem trivial, but the bible is clear: And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2 Every choice made with his perfect will in mind, will be a better choice. Especially if you seek his wisdom in making those choices. There is no wisdom or understanding Or counsel against the Lord Proverbs 21: 30 You cannot succeed in your choices if they go against God. Just ask Jonah how that worked out for him.


It's really not important. The stuff of this world will turn to dust. Your life will be over in a blink of an eye, and when you stand before God you will account for your choices. Your mistakes will be laid before you. All the things you wish you had never said; the things you would rather never have done. God already knows what they are.
Proverbs 16: 16
How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

Since you can't take back the choices of yesterday, today may be the day to start praying for the wisdom to make the right choices. Every choice from your groceries to your new car matters. Choose wisely...........
Jason Gray Remind Me Who I am
When I lose My way,
And I forget my name,
Remind me who I am.
In the mirror all I see,
Is who I don't wanna be,
Remind me who I am.
In the lonliest places,
When I can't remember what grace is.


Tell me once again who I am to you.
Who I am to you.
Tell me lest I forget who I am to you.
That I belong to you.
To you.

When my heart is like a stone,
And I'm running far from home,
Remind me who I am.
When I can't recieve your love,
Afraid I'll never be enough,

No comments:

Post a Comment