Monday, February 6, 2012

Nothing is Impossible



I want to share with you an amazing story of hope! I don't know where to begin so to start I will share their blog. When We met Alisa and Nathan in Austin over spring break about 2 years ago; I didn't expect their story to change mine. I had known Alisa for quite a few years. She is an amazing Christian woman, but we had never met in person. The short time we spent together in Austin helped to inspire so many spiritual choices Eric and I made over the next year or so. At the time Alisa and Nathan were just beginning the process of adoption. As we spent a windy afternoon together outside of Austin they shared their faith. Alisa shared her hope with me and the plans that God was laying on her heart. At the time it seemed like an impossible dream, and I was simply overwhelmed by it all. And so the journey began, it has been a long journey, but they have come so far. Now almost two years later they are in the final stages of adopting a wonderful little girl. The child they dreamed of adopting two years ago. A child who could not be any luckier. She will have two amazing parents and two wonderful siblings.

This journey has been long. I have often read their blog and seen the heart ache. Many times I read with tears pouring down my cheeks. There have been so many obstacles, but with each new wall God has shown them a way. Matthew 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

In May they hope to hold their beautiful daughter Selah Jie Ya Joy in their arms. Although the journey is almost over they are not quite home yet. They still need support from friends and family to make this happen. The cost of bringing little Selah home is huge, and despite saving and fundraising they still need a lot of support. Alisa sells beautiful hand made items with all proceeds going toward bringing little Selah home. They will be working with a wonderful organization in the next months to raise the last needed funds to bring Selah home. This organization raises these funds through helping widows, and their project will renovate a widow's home.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. The both hands foundation takes James 1: 27 to heart. So I am going to do something I never do. I am going to ask you to do three things.

1. Please pray for my friends. Cover them with your prayers because the power of prayer is the greatest thing you can give them.

2. Share their story. It's very easy to share my blog on facebook. You can copy it into an email too if you like. The more people who know the more prayers and support we can raise, the better.

3. Finally any donation is 100% tax deductable. God is doing something amazing. We can't all save orphans. We can't all save widows, but you can be a part of this. No donation is too small.
Donate Here.

Here is also the link to Alisa's amazing store: Click here



1 comment:

  1. I too have been following Alisa and her family as they are on this adoption journey - I can't WAIT to see pictures of their sweet family, ALL TOGETHER!! I'm praying for them as well - great of you to help share their story around!! :)

    ReplyDelete