Monday, July 30, 2012

Changing the World One Diaper at a Time....

So today is like any other summer day for me and my kids. We have actually fallen into a routine of not having to do anything. We got up, had breakfast, watched cartoons, cleaned up, had lunch, made cookies, had a nap, and then a quick shower later everyone is busy fighting with eachother.

So as I sit here in my house sipping my iced espresso I wonder do they realize how blessed they are? Do I realize? How can I show them that in places throughout the world there are children who are suffering, children who will die, children who are hungry. It makes me just want to snuggle their little bodies closer.

However in between diapers and clean underwear before laundry and after lunch I cannot change the world........Or can I? In just loving them. In breaking up a fight over toys and snuggling a little one in my arms I am teaching them what it means to be loved.  As my little snuggle bug with her wild hair and rotten stinky diaper runs up to me I am reminded that love is the little things.

Jesus said let the little children come to me. He challenged us to have the faith of children and if we are lucky we can also experience their joy too. Children are amazing and a wonderful gift from God, but all over the world children are alone and starving. Orphans without someone to cuddle them. Without a mommy to make cookies. Without toys to pick up or siblings to fight with. Without hope for a family and with an uncertain future.


There are so many ways that you can help, and I want to encourage you to look around your house today and reach out. I want to encourage you to look into helping the least of these just like Katie does.
Did I mention I just read the most amazing book called Kisses From Katie. You have to read it. I promise it will inspire you, and if you want to do more here is the link to Amazima Ministries, Katie founded it to care for the children in Uganda. 


I would also encourage you to read her blog!!! Kisses From Katie  
Honestly I just wish I could pick up my kids and husband and go spend a week with Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment