Saturday, July 21, 2012

Love what you have

It's amazing to me how many people are caught up in what someone else has. It's amazing to me how easy it is to get sucked in. When I look around I think it's a culture thing. Our culture teaches us to want the newest, the best, and to throw away that old stuff. But what if you decided to go against the grain?
Luke 21:19 By standing firm you will gain life.
I think that's a pretty powerful statement. By standing firm you get life. If you stand firm going against the cultural norm you keep what works, you trust that the newest is not always the best, and you take care of what you have. In return you will gain life. Read in the context of Luke 21 standing firm against persecution, death, lost family, lost friends, and anything you could imagine. So I guess the big question is where do you need to stand firm, and will you?

I know life gets hard and there are times when everybody feels let down or betrayed. There are times when things don't seem like they could ever get any worse. Sometimes life does give you lemons. You can look back and wonder how did we get here all day long, but it won't change your circumstance.
Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Wherever you go........................................................

I don't know why, I don't know how, but I know God will be with me......................and I will stand firm. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment