Sunday, April 5, 2009

In the end only kindness matters





In the last year I have been so busy and tired. My mother reminded me that last year we had a big family Easter. This year I don't have the energy. There are so many changes in my life since last year. So many blessings and so many hardships. Jack was born, Jaeg had an MRI and is healthy, we have a beautiful new house, and we are living close to our families.


I could mention all our hardships, but everyone has hardships. Eric and I have dealt with so many this year. Jaeg's seizure and the tests that followed as well as my change in job have truly been the hardest. As I look back on a full year I realize that despite each challenge and hardship we have come so very far.




In the end only kindess matters. The kindness of our friends. The shoulder to lean on when you need to cry. The kindness of a stranger. The nurse in the emergency room who soothes your frayed nerves and tries to make everyone feel okay. The kindness of your family. The husband who does just a little more at home or plans a special surprise for you. The kindness of your children. The hugs, kisses, and I love you mom that brightens up your day.

You see in the end we all have hardships and with the economy the way it is this may be just the beginning. We all suffer. We all fall down, but in the end what matters is how we pick ourselves up again. Next time you are feeling truly lost show

someone kindness. Who knows it might make all the difference in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Girlie!!! You won a prize on my blog. :)

    www.lilyhavencollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete