Saturday, March 28, 2009

Psalm 119


105Thy word is a lamp unto my
feet, and a light unto my path.







































In the mad rush of life we sometimes forget. It is hard to walk down a dark path. The rocks are jagged and the roots can easily trip you. When you fall there is no one to catch you, on the dark path. In times of trouble and times of need we either turn to his word or turn away, but even when we turn away God never leaves our side. He is there in the dark and he will help you to pull yourself back up. It is harder to feel his arms around you when you turn away, but they are ever present.

He will shelter you in the shadow of his wings even when you turn away. I have experienced so many blessings this week. It is hard to describe, but I know that God is ever working in my life. As I look toward Monday and our appointment for the MRI, I find myself reaching for my bible. It is so much harder to face a child's pain, especially your own child. In the infinite darkness you find yourself paralyzed by fear, but we cannot protect our children from everything, and at these times I realize: If you are not covering your children in prayer every day, you are leaving their lives to chance, Power of a Praying Parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment