Monday, April 18, 2011

I AM A JESUS FREAK

What will people think
When they hear that Im a jesus freak
What will people do when they find that its true
I dont really care if they label me a jesus freak
There aint no disguising the truth
First of all you need to read Weird by Craig Groeschel. If for no other reason than this man wrote a book for you. Designed to help you in your life, and yes it is selling tons of copies, but did you know he makes no profit on the book. He has donated back every penny! Now that is weird right? God gave him the message that you needed to hear and not only did he write it, but he is giving back every penny made from sales!

Now back to my thoughts on being Weird. I think it is time to tell my kids that the Easter bunny is a fun tradition, but not real! I think it is time to spend Easter looking only at the real meaning not Easter baskets. Easter has become another Christmas, Halloween, or other overly commercialized holiday. Speaking of overly commercialized holidays, Christmas is too much. What if we said enough to it and really concentrated on what it is all about? Do we really need a Christmas tree? How about the stockings and stuff? How much of it is just because that is what normal people do? I don't want to be normal. Think of all the money you could save, what would you spend it on? Wouldn't it be better to make a big donation to the church instead! That way God could use your gift to better the world!

Matthew 7: 13“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

It is time to get off the wide road. I don't know exactly where the narrow road leads , but the ultimate destination is worth any detour along the way! We all know where we want to go, but are you really on the road to getting there. If you could be called normal something might be wrong. Remember when our parents said if Johnny and Susie jumped off a bridge would you do it too? I would shrug my shoulders at them, but in my head I was thinking"maybe." Why not if everybody else is doing it? That herd mentality is what allowed Hitler to do the horrible things he did. Nobody else is going to stand up for you. God made you to fight his battles. You are his hands and feet. If you are so busy being like everyone else then you may be too busy for the work he has for you to do.


I have a hard time with this being different business. I want to be like everyone else. I want to achieve the things they achieve and live a life much like the Jones. However we all know that the Jones are broke! They are in debt up to their elbows and can't see the way out. The Jones did not guard their finances in a biblical manner. Do you really want to be like that? Do you want to raise your children with those values? What about being weird with our time and energy. Normal is working hard, but hardly ever having any time for what matters. Normal is stressed out from all the activities our kids are enrolled in. Normal is racing from one event to another wishing we had time to breath. REMEMBER last time I blogged I asked you if God was the main course in your meal? Normal is not putting God first.

Here is the thing; if you choose to be weird people will notice. They will call you weird. They will look at you differently. They may even dislike you because of it. The thing is..................................what they think really isn't important. It is what God thinks right? So stop living for what the world tells you is important and start living for what the bible tells you is important!
John 15:18-20 Jesus said, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you… If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also…"
More from Toby Mac's song:
There was a man from the desert with naps in his head
The sand that he walked was also his bed
The words that he spoke made the people assume
There wasn't too much left in the upper room
With skins on his back and hair on his face
They thought he was strange by the locusts he ate
The pharisees tripped when they heard him speak
Until the king took the head of this JESUS freak


People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger
People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll agree we are both weird enough - but the world finds us weirder when we follow Christ! I like that kind of weird. =]

    ReplyDelete