Sunday, August 7, 2011

What are you praying for?




What did you pray for last week? Think about it, because "what you pray reflects what you believe about God."-Craig Groeschel This week I prayed a lot of the prayers. Prayers that I pray every week. The same tried and true prayers. Lead ME God. Protect MY family God. Help ME to better serve your will. This week at church we heard an amazing message on BOLD prayer. I never really thought about the way I was praying, or what I was praying for. In Acts Peter and John prayed a bold prayer together to God. Acts 4: 29-30 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
Have you ever prayed to be Bold? Do you believe God is in charge? What do your prayers say about you. Well self centered prayer says that you believe God exists to serve you. Imagine how God feels hearing our same old same old prayers. Our lukewarm prayers. God Be with us today..............God thank you for this................ How about if you don't pray unless times are really tough. Are you one of those who says well there's nothing more we can do so I guess now we pray. Is God your last resort?

What are you afraid of? If you pray big/BOLD prayers you can expect big/BOLD results. Is your faith strong enough that you can handle God saying, "no." God doesn't always say yes, but he will hear your prayer. Pray for Boldness, pray for miracles, pray for things that would change the world.
Acts 4: 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
If you pray Bold prayers you may find that God will answer them as he did for Peter and John. What are you waiting for, your prayers could change the world.
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand


All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog posts. Love this, Maria. I'm praying BIG, bold prayers and seeking Him. Still feeling like I am in the desert, but I know He hears. Thanks for the reminders.

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete