Monday, December 5, 2011

Three Choices


If we look to the gospel of Luke this CHRISTmas season we can see insight into the birth of Jesus. Insight like none found in the other gospels. Luke, a physician, had a slightly different take on things. Luke didn't try to describe what no words could ever describe, instead he gives us facts. Plain and simple facts.
Luke 2: 6-7 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

A baby born not even in a barn, but in a cave where animals sought shelter from the cold. It was not clean, not sanitary, and not a fitting place for a king. Sure you've heard the story right? We all have; haven't we the story of a baby born in the manger. The story of Jesus.

The story that leaves you with three choices:

1. Jesus is a liar

2. Jesus is a lunatic

3. Jesus is Lord


Really picture this a man comes to your town saying he the son of the most high. He performs miracles in the name of God. He hangs out with thieves, liars, and prostitutes. He doesn't follow your church laws. Imagine that. Was this man a liar, a person who believed he was God but was crazy, or was he the real thing.

There are no other options. If you don't believe in Jesus then you either believe the 1st or the 2nd. It is very easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this season. Easy to forget the meaning. The reason for it all is often swept away in the merriment. What are you celebrating? A liar? A crazy person? The king of kings? If you are celebrating Jesus then it may be time to inspect how he lived. Where would he celebrate? What would he want?
Todd Agnew
My Jesus
..................I wanna be like my Jesus I wanna be like my Jesus
I wanna be like my Jesus, yeah I wanna be like my Jesus
Not a poster child for American prosperity, but like my Jesus You see I'm tired of living for success and popularity I wanna be like my Jesus but I'm not sure what that means To be like You Jesus
'Cause You said to live like You, love like You But then You died for me Can I be like You, Jesus? I wanna be like You, Jesus I wanna be like my Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment