Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting the hang of this


Do you do seriously goofy things because they make your kids laugh.
We lose a piece of ourselves to our children, but you gain so much in the moments with them.

I dance, in the kitchen, living room, and dining room. We turn on our Brobee toy and then we all dance. I know the neighbors can see us dancing sometimes and I am sure they think we are crazy, but the kids giggle and fall on the floor having so much fun, so who cares if we are the crazy dancing neighbors.

This morning was a very unpleasant awakening at our house!
We were awakened by this loud knock knock knock. I didn't get up right away thinking someone must be at our door. Then my husband told me too make it stop. As the knock knock knock continued. They are building a house behind us so I checked to see if they were nailing, but no. Then I looked out the front door no one was there. Still the knock knock knock continued. So my mom said go look from the sidewalk. There on our roof was a woodpecker. Pecking holes in our brand new siding, our house is less than a year old!

Of course they are a protected species so I can't kill it but I yelled and he flew away!

No comments:

Post a Comment