Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Middle Child



Characteristics of a middle child:
Flexible
Easy-going
Social
Peacemakers
Independent
Secretive
Strong Negotiators
May feel life is unfair


Jaeg is my jaded middle child. He avoids the camera like the plague and so many of my pictures of him look just like this. He runs with his eyes down so as not to be caught looking at the lens, as seen below!


I find it amazing to watch his quirky personality develop, and I have discovered where the saying boys will be boys comes from. Raising a little girl at 2 was so very different than a little boy at 2. For example he head butts me on a regular basis. He also believes that my couch is a monster to be wrestled, stomped on, and ultimately defeated. That is if you don't topple from it face first onto the floor. He is an enigma in so many ways, with his shy glances, but when this boy smiles he lights up the room!





He may run screaming from the camera, but with each perfect picture I snap it is a bittersweet victory! I know that all too soon he will have outgrown his camera shyness along with his baby fat. With each day he becomes more of a little boy and less of the baby he once was. So as I sit hear thinking about what a little monster he is I reminisce back two years in time and remember his first steps, foods, haircut, and all the in between. Time flies so fast I'm afraid to blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment