Saturday, January 8, 2011

Amen

“Amen” is a Hebrew word that stems from the word aman, which means “to be faithful, support, or confirm.” The word “amen” actually means, “so be it,” or “truly.

I was looking back today at two years of blog postings. I was reminiscing today about a life I once lived and the person I have become. It is amazing who we start out as. For those of you who have known me a long time you have seen me grow and change. For my newest friends you understand that in the last 5 years I have moved 6 times, I have had 4 children, and 5 jobs.

Some change is scary, like trusting God and moving all the way to Oklahoma. Some change is exciting, like bringing home a beautiful brand new baby. Some change is hard because we don't want to do it, but if we are living life then we are ever changing.

As I look forward to the year ahead I find myself with only one word to truly describe where I am at. "AMEN" I cannot tell you where I am going, hopefully not moving again soon. However, I can show you where I have been and I can say Amen, Amen, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment