Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wherever you go There you are



I don't know about you, but I always feel like I am going somewhere and never getting anywhere. You know the feeling. Looking forward to tomorrow. Next week, month, year will be better because____________. Just fill in the blank. I am pretty sure everyone thinks this.

So many things can happen between now and then though. Imagine all the bad things that can happen. People die, jobs lost, economy crashes, bad weather, natural disasters, pets die, and............... Well you get the idea. So what if we were content in the moment? What do I need to be content in the moment?

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by being a mommy and so underwhelmed by my boring life that I want to sit back and sigh loudly! When do the meetings after school where I have to drag 4 little ones end. When do the diapers, baby food, putting on socks, potty training, pulling up pants..............end!

Some days I forget to stop and realize what an amazing blessing it all is and how lucky I am! Because you have to enjoy them the way they are right now! They will only be 6 mos, 2, 3, and 5 once. You will be crazy forever, and life is always crazy. Your kids though grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment