Monday, January 17, 2011

Move my Mountains


"Where you go, I'll go Where you stay, I'll stay When you move, I'll move I will follow" Chris Tomlin

And then I woke up. My eyes were opened and I realized I had been blind. Not only did he move my mountains, but God showed me what they were doing. Climbing that mountain every day kept me from him and without the mountain I could see him. The way was clear and I picked up my burdens and followed!

Some of you know exactly what I am saying. For so many years I did things with half of my heart. I was torn in two but God wasn't blind to that. He was right there walking with me. There were mistakes I was making, but he was using them to get me where I needed to be. I kept saying God I want to do this great thing or I want to do that great thing. I would look at people and be jealous of what God had called them to do. Why Lord do you call him to do this great ministry, but not call me? What am I supposed to be doing?

It was a fundamental issue. You see its not that I am not called to do exactly what that person was doing, or maybe it is that I am called to do something different.......... However, the call to do something is the part I was missing. I kept getting caught up in the legalistic principals instead of getting caught up in the HOLY SPIRIT.

God can't trust you with something big until you are faithful with something small. So the next time you feel like God isn't using you ask yourself do I really understand God? Because you may find what I found. I didn't understand God. He had asked me to be faithful in so many ways and I wasn't. If God can't trust you with one day how can he trust you with a week or a lifetime. If you cannot set aside one hour or minute to fully devote yourself each day to him and his word can you really expect him to give you a ministry of so much more? Until you are faithful in the little stuff he won't give you any big stuff.

That was it, I realized this point, and then it happened. I was like AMEN! I FOUND MYSELF WANTING TO SHOUT! IT'S ENOUGH, IT'S ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH!!!! I don't need something big. Sure there are those with huge callings to do huge things. Who knows I may actually be one of those people, but not yet. I have been called to do so many little things over the years and I haven't done them. I have made excuses to myself and to God. So today I stopped. Today I found myself living in the Lord. Today I finally understood who the Holy Spirit is.

What's different you say? I saw the excuses for what they were. God lifted my blindness which would have been enough, but he took it one step further. He took that mountain of excuses and he picked it up and he tossed it across the sea. Without the mountain and my blindness I saw that I was enough just the way I already was. That my calling and what I was doing was enough.

I hope that today and this week you will stop making excuses and turn to God. Don't put a mountain between you and him!

Matthew 21:21
21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment