Thursday, March 31, 2011

What do I do?

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it. ~Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris

Honestly this week has been crazy. Last week wasn't a walk in the park either, and next week won't be a picnic. I looked at all this craziness and realized I have let a lot of things slide this week. The important things have fallen away. I was so busy being stressed out. I was so busy getting swept up in the craziness that I let the craziness carry me away. It's sort of like a snowballing effect. One minute you are standing on top of the things in this world and the next you are in a heap down in the mess of things. When I really took the time to look back. I realized what a mess I was in. The good news is:Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

In times like this week when the world and its troubles seep in I sometimes forget those words. These are the times I need a quick reminder!
Psalm 28: 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.

I sometimes feel like I am the only one not happy, hurting, or afraid. That is when I need to open my eyes. The world is so full of stress. Mine is just a blip on the radar. I needed to spend some time cataloging the great things in my life because if I don't stop and rejoice I may miss how blessed I really am. Even the stress I feel comes from God. He will use it to form me and shape me. Jeremiah 18: 5-6 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! If I am clay then I need to be malleable. Otherwise it takes a lot of pushing and prodding to shape. Life is harder when we forget that we are but clay to be formed. Isaiah 64: 8 But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. As the work of his hand it is my job to bend when needed. It is my job to form into the shape of the person I am supposed to be. God will lead me through all things, but I must be malleable.


No comments:

Post a Comment